needless to say, these past 6 weeks (!) have been an adjustment. good, yes. terrifying, indeed! i only now realize even more how my normally negative personality can be pushed over the deep end when my normally predictable life is no longer predictable. (case in point: i broke down yesterday when the bean woke up from her usually 3 hour nap, 30 minutes in with a huge poop, unwilling to fall back asleep, tiny not sleeping AT ALL when she was supposed to...two kids screaming and me finally losing it and crying to the husband that i am the weakest person ever and DO NOT want any more children. i did calm down, but still.)
if i were to say things are figuring themselves out, i would be lying. i think i'm just letting the daily waves carry me along, totally helpless and only slightly in charge. i think some of the best advice i am holding on to is to simply make it through the day with two living kids. i am happy when we are all alive at the end of the day.
i am however, missing some serious alone time, continuous sleep (this makes for a seriously crazy me) and a little bit of normal. but, really, what is that these days?
and, alas, tiny is screaming. my moment is over. so, lastly, one question (as i've completely repressed the bean's early months): is 6 weeks a growth spurt because tiny is eating like i'm starving her? (this also makes for a crazy me)

i love this photo (and thankfully no boob is showing)
3 comments:
Love the update and glad to hear despite the last 6 weeks being craziness, that both girls are still alive and I'm sure doing fantastic. And the picture is such a reminder that you can find peace in the world despite the chaos, praise God! What a precious picture. We miss you and Mike and it is crazy how big the bean has gotten from the photos on facebook.
Oh those baby hormones!
You look so peaceful here. I know you will get into a rhythm soon. Two is a difficult adjustment (in some ways harder than the first I think). The baby and bean are looking absolutely beautiful so you must be doing something right;)
And in response to your facebook sculpture question:
I did sculptural altered books with my 6th graders. The students loved it and the results were amazing. I tied it to Anne Hamilton, contemporary book artists, and the concept of palimpsest. Let me know if you want photos. Hope that helps:)
Just read your post and completely relate. I don't know if you're still having these days, feeling the same frustrations (I sure do!) but be encouraged that lots of others understand, have been there, that there's grace for you. Talking to moms of older kids has helped me start to grasp how fleeting these days are, even though they feel endless. I'm trying to delight in where each one is at. (And yet, isn't it amazing how one afternoon of nap disasters can turn a fine day into a horrible one!!)
Post a Comment