Wednesday, August 20, 2008

not my normal self

so...so i am really feeling bogged down with preparing for this new school year that i really don't feel myself. and, believe it or not, i really would rather be posting about our long-ago vacation than lesson planning, but reality calls.

so...eventually i will finish my vacation series, move on to the post-vacation-lots-of-friends series, to the post-friends-depression series, to the bullcrap-former-employer-mediation-nonsense series, to the post-first-day-of-school series (it probably will be that long before i catch up!), and, finally, i will be caught up with the future present. wow...did that make any sense?

anyhow, life goes on, though rather difficultly (is that a word? can you tell that my mind is on overload??) with the recent mediation and my total lack of faith in healthy work structures (except my current one, of course). i am learning the art of moving on and beyond an awful (evil?) person slandering me, belittling me, demeaning me in front of a perfect stranger. this is proving to be a very difficult task. this is also a HUGE story that i really don't have the attention span for right now. sorry. it will come...i promise. needless to say, i love my new job. i really love it. i am blessed that through all of the crap from last semester, i can say that i still love my job. and i still love people. i just don't love my former supervisor.

anyway, the bean still is not walking (13 months), but pulls herself up on everything...including the toilet seat, my husband tells me, and attempts to bat at the stream of urine. she was sternly reprimanded earlier this evening. usually i just catch her with my cell phone, ready to call some far away number, or with a really expensive art pen, usually black and the cap ready to come off. so far no awful disasters. i'm sure they are coming, though.

so...i will be back soon. surely i will be my normal self.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! I cried as I drove away from your house. I just wish we could see more of one another. It sounds like the arbitration didn't go too well. I'm so sorry. I would love to hear about it when you have the time. Give Hope big squishy hugs and kisses from me. Oh, and you can tell Mike I said hi...I guess. Hehehe. Good luck with the new school year.

--Jenny

Anonymous said...

hey - been thinking of you as you (i assume) started school this week? hope your students are great and the school is doing well.

sorry to hear about....whatever it was that happened :(. i'll have to hear the story sometime if you're up for re-telling.

we're having a house blessing party tomorrow - 35 people in our little house! yikes! but jenny is coming down for it, so it's all good :)

Miss you lots.